Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2013 unfinished business

Today is the last day of 2013 and instead of having a review of what I'd made the whole year (you can just check out my archives), I thought I'll show you what I started but never managed to complete in 2013.

Oh, just before that, a big thanks to everyone who came by to leave a comment about my interview.

Now, for my unfinished projects...I've been very disciplined when it comes to finishing any bag I start. Except for these two.



I made these two bags while I was busy sewing for my Xmas craft market. I guess I lost interest and next year I'll have to do something about them.


This pendant is still incomplete and I haven't even sewn up half the length of the necklace. I was planning to wear it for Chinese New Year. Next year's Chinese New Year falls on the 31st Jan and 1st Feb which is just a few weeks away!


Another bead project - it's meant to be a pendant but I just couldn't complete it. It got uglier and uglier as I progressed. I mean, what's the point of finishing something that doesn't look good?


This beaded stone-pendant is more or less finished. I just need to hide the threads and find a use for it. It weighs far too much for a pendant so I don't think I'll ever wear it.


And finally this butterfly? It's not mine. It's my friend's. I was supposed to learn to make it and I did start on it - maybe 1/3 of a wing. And then I misplaced my 1/3 of a wing after all that sewing. In case you're wondering about the "sewing", all my beads projects are done with a needle and thread. Sounds weird? That's how it's done. There are other methods of creating beaded stuff using wires but I've never tried doing it.


Are you looking forward to 2014? I am because I'm so done with 2013. See you.

6 comments:

Christel said...

Wish you a Happy New Year (a few hours in advanced) to you and your family! :)

Hope you do manage to finish your necklace before CNY ;D

Kandi said...

You have been a busy lady! I think you have done so well to have only a couple of WIP's left I have a cupboard full I never show those.
I hope 2014 is kind to you xx

Projects By Jane said...

Christel,

I hope to complete the necklace as well. Then again, if I do, I'll have to get an outfit that matches the necklace!

Kate said...

I just discovered your blog, and I was thrilled to see a bag, made in the same fabric and of a similar style, to a bag I made in the fall (and am now carrying). I obviously need to follow your blog!
I'll just admire the beading, though.

Tammy said...

Wow! The beading projects are amazing! I'm with you - if you don't like it - don't finish it. At least, you could cut the string & have all the beads to reuse in another project & it won't be wasted.

Chris H said...

Why don't you unpick, pull apart the beaded things you hate and make something else with the beads?
I'm glad 2013 is done with too... and I hope for you and me 2014 is a better year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2